Procrastination

by 4:09 PM 0 comments
Well, I haven't been ignoring the blog without good reason. I promise. I imagined this as a weekly (or bi-weekly) opportunity to get my thoughts and consternations out there. It is truly amazing the parallel that I have between this blog and my running. Between teaching, advising, being a grad student, and life, I am now able to take five minutes and update the world of my awesomeness... journey.

Grad Class:
I am currently enrolled in Introduction to Research. I now officially know what a student goes through when they are not engaged. This is rough. I think what we are doing at the secondary level should be applied to this class. I'm a grown man and I don't feel the need to have a 200 page .pdf read to me with the random comment, "oh this would be good on the final" as the only thing to keep me awake (night class).
James Franco does it...

Teaching/ModelTech:
I am still a member of the ModelTech team at TJ (#cbmodeltech hashtag on twitter). I really like the think tank of ideas from this group, and I think we are definitely doing good (superheros maybe?).

We will also be implementing an idea from the group this next week. Our building is going to allow the model tech team to open our doors up to all teachers (I am open Tuesday with another teacher) for questions/ideas/problems as they relate to tech in the classroom. We are no means the authority, but teachers are at different levels of competency with tech, and comfort with the "tech lab," so we can help solve a problem, or add to ideas.

The idea came from a couple of teachers from the ModelTech team and we have adopted the idea.

Running:
Um - well. My wife and I are still on track to complete one race (at least) per month for the year 2012. We did a 5k this past Sunday morning and shortly after my wife got ill, and I got really sore! I need to run more than once a month ...

... and I need to blog more as well.

So there you go. Hopefully I can elaborate more on the ModelTech and Grad school later!

Lindquist

Author

I do a lot of things. The best thing I do is fathering (I think). I'm the ol' "Jack of all trades, Master of none." I teach aspiring journalists. I run. I play guitar(s). I also host a running podcast. Oh, and I dabble in drawing. And I dabble in authoring... children's books no less. I just dabble. Sometimes I ramble.

0 comments:

Post a Comment