CBTechPodcast

by 1:38 PM 0 comments
Student-created logo for podcast.

I am by no means an expert on Educational Technology. I don't consider myself ready to do a lot more than just observe as of yet. But, I am getting there. Someone told me, "you're not an expert on something until someone else says you are," and I agree.

Just like I don't claim to be an expert at teaching, at being funny (even though my wife laughs no matter what), or at being a father, son, or brother.  But, when I am passionate about something; heck, when I like something more than "a lot" then I tend to really embrace everything about it. Thus this blog.

My wife thinks this makes me pretty predictable. She even went as far as comparing our current process of buying a house, to how she and I started our relationship. And how I just go full-throttle towards something I want, whereas she likes to question her decisions multiple times... wait a minute...

*Oh, and I easily get off-topic.

But back to being an expert: something I'm not. I do have opinions and insights on many topics. I have a mind full of "Jeopardy knowledge" that makes no sense as a whole, but the pieces could be individually useful at any moment.

I did sports radio in college, and briefly got paid for it for a small town in Nebraska. And I have a passion for talking (too much).

And then my unoriginal idea was concocted.

Have you heard, "if you're the smartest one in the room, find another room"? Well, I have. And so I brought the idea of starting a weekly podcast about EdTech to friend (and district Technology coach) Devin Schoening (@dschoening)... to which his reply was, "that has been on my bucket list." See, unoriginal idea. But sometimes, it takes a couple of people to get the ball rolling.

So within the span of five days, we created a rundown and recorded our first show. We also created an iTunes account, twitter account (@CBTechPodcast), and school email account (cbtechpodcast@cbcsd.org) for the idea.

So it has begun. You can check out our first episode in the iTunes store by searching "CBTechPodcast" or THIS LINK.

You can send us requests or suggestions for upcoming episodes as well! We'd love your feedback!


Lindquist

Author

I do a lot of things. The best thing I do is fathering (I think). I'm the ol' "Jack of all trades, Master of none." I teach aspiring journalists. I run. I play guitar(s). I also host a running podcast. Oh, and I dabble in drawing. And I dabble in authoring... children's books no less. I just dabble. Sometimes I ramble.

0 comments:

Post a Comment