Oh boy... A reflection

by 3:41 PM 0 comments
So a lot of things were supposed to happen with this blog over the past few weeks:

1) a continuation of weekly Web2.0 usage with my Beginning Journalism class (WTFT)
2) Grad School mumblings
3) my normal teaching duties
4) and anything EdTech or school related

So, that lasted about two weeks. Then real life happened. Every educator knows this. But, I had a student-teacher last year, so I anticipated how much "free" time I might have for the blogging and such.

My wife says I'm very thinned-out. And while I do exercise, I'm pretty sure she means I wear a lot of hats.

In the wake of WTFT, I want to simply what I might focus on. With one of my hats being that of Yearbook Adviser, I am organized in a way only I can decipher. So here's a quick rehash of the first weeks of school:

Week 1: Complete. Blur.

Week 2: Blurry, but I remember blogging. And grad class (STEM Seminar) started. Amazing things we're doing in there right now.

Week 3:  Amazing things are happening in my school. I get distracted by the good. I don't blog. But I started something new (for me):
Week 4: Homecoming Week. I got a pie in my face. My school is working hard in a lot of areas to improve on already positively trending areas.

Week 5: STEM Seminar is still amazing. Some great, innovative thinkers. I really hope I can extract some of that knowledge. Sometimes a grad class can just be something to do to move on the pay scale. This is truly beneficial.

Week 6: Yes, I'm teaching still. And yes, it's still kind of a blur. In my 5th year, I'm able to slow down and not get so distrac

Week 7: I presented at the Green Hills AEA 21st Century Learners Conf. I had a great time, and I learned more than what I spoke about. I hope to continue doing similar things in the future. I'm not pictured because I took these photos. So here is what I saw:

Effective Use of Video in the Classroom presentation.
Week 8: There are so many deadlines in the courses I teach, and we are constantly "working" in "real world" situations. I love deadlines.

Week 9: Today. I blogged. And I also asked a student to step up and be a more visible leader in one of my classrooms. Her response made me proud:

"Thanks. And yes that's okay. I like stepping up in class, it's an honor. 


You're welcome."

That was it, simple and easy.

And remember, this is me simplifying it. I look forward to #ModelTech restarting next week, and the group really implementing what we talk about.

I also look forward to being more innovative, creative, and consistant with my blog. Set the bar high, ya know?

Lindquist

Author

I do a lot of things. The best thing I do is fathering (I think). I'm the ol' "Jack of all trades, Master of none." I teach aspiring journalists. I run. I play guitar(s). I also host a running podcast. Oh, and I dabble in drawing. And I dabble in authoring... children's books no less. I just dabble. Sometimes I ramble.

0 comments:

Post a Comment